Tuesday, June 5, 2012

UNITED NATIONS COMPENSATION PAYMENTS

from:  COMPENSATION OFFICE angel@cpibj.com.cn
reply-to:  williamscarl616@yahoo.com
(Yep...both of these emails look like official UN addresses...oh, wait...maybe not...) 

ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY  (Ok...first of all, why are you yelling at me?  Don't you know it's rude to use all caps in an email?)

YOUR SCAM VICTIM COMPENSATION PAYMENT (Wait...I'm confused.  You're trying to make me a scam victim by dangling a carrot of scam victim compensation in front of me?  Dumbass.) OF U.S $550,000.00 IS READY FOR ONWARD TRANSFER TO YOUR NOMINATED BANK ACCOUNT. KINDLY PROVIDE US WITH THE FOLLOWING PIECES OF INFORMATION TO ENABLE US PROCESS YOUR PAYMENT:

1. FULL NAMES  (Exactly how many names would you like me to make up?)
2. MAILING ADDRESS
3. TELEPHONE NUMBER

YOURS SINCERELY,
MR. WILLIAMS CARL (ZONAL CO-ORDINATOR, UN, UNITED STATES.)  (Again with the bad fake names.  Ugh.  I'm going to have to start responding to some of these morons by email.) 

Classic 419 Nigerian scam.  Millions of dollars...that'll cost me thousands and I'll never get.  These things are FAKE.  Never pay anyone for what is rightfully yours, no matter what they say or threaten.  In fact, just delete them and don't even waste your time.  Remember, if it sounds too good to be true...

~Blue Dragonfly  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments require moderator approval before they are published.