Tuesday, June 5, 2012

1 unread message from Saeed.

from: Syed Aban Ahmed kiratobias@msn.com
reply-to:  abansaeed@hotmail.com
(Differing emails again...red flag...)  

I sent you this email about two weeks ago and i got no response. I am a dying man with chronic esophageal cancer, my doctors tell me that i will not survive it. I have a substantial sum I would like you to help me distribute to the needy, orphans in society. Please revert with honesty.  (Revert with honesty?  How's about you be honest, first...)

Saeed Aban Ahmed  { saeedhelp@ymail.com }  (And yet a third email address for our friend, Saeed.  Something tells me he might just be fibbing a bit...and he spells his name differently in his "from" and his signature...hmmm...)

Classic scam...he's terminally ill, and wants to will millions to you...He'll die off...in fact, he'll be dead when you email him, and his "lawyer" will inform you that there are fees required to get your inheritance to you...and of course, they'll need all your personal information, including your underwear size.  There is NO inheritance...no money for orphans...just a scammer trying to separate you from your hard-earned cash.  Remember...if it sounds too good to be true...

~Blue Dragonfly 

If this post helped you or prevented a scammer from gaining another victim, let me know!  I'd love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments require moderator approval before they are published.