Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dear Friend,

BlueDragonfly's comments are always in italics. 
 From: Miss. Stella Rose - missstellarose@vfemail.net
Reply-to: alinco2_2@yahoo.fr (...shocking...different addresses...)
Subject:
Dear Friend,

Dear Friend,

I have been waiting for you since (err...since when?) to come down here (down where, exactly?) and pick your consignment (i know how to pick a nice cabbage, but I'm not sure how to pick a consignment...) but i did not heard anything (...did not heard anything, huh? Speak English much?) from you since then, I have deposited the US$5,000,000.00 with the ALINCO SECURITY COMPANY here in Nigeria (...aha! That's the magic word!), because I traveled to Japan to see my boss and I will not come back till next year ending (...next year ending? Um...what???).I have arranged with the ALINCO SECURITY COMPANY to get your US$5,000,000.00 to you this month and they will be coming to you with the fund inside black portfolio, I would have deposited the fund with Bank for transfer into your own account but the procedure of Bank is too much and they will
required enough fee (...they will required enough fee? The idiotic writing on this one is classic).I drop (...you drop them, eh? Sure you didn't mean you dropped them?) your delivery details with the ALINCO SECURITY COMPANY but I will like (...will like? Verb tense, people!) you to re-confirm the information to them again so that they will not be any mistake when coming with the fund (...this one's actually making me laugh out loud...).

Send the below information to the ALINCO SECURITY COMPANY.(1)Full
name:(2)Address:(3)Tel:I want you to know that you have all right to declare
how you want to receive your fund, I would have prefer the fund to be transfer
to you but I make some searches about the Bank transfer and they told me that
it will cost you the sum of US$1500 (...and there's the catch...I send you $1500, and you send me...absolutely nothing. I'm thinking I should hold on to my cash instead...) to transfer the US$5,000,000.00 into your
account.But I have deposited the US$5,000,000.00 in cash to the ALINCO
SECURITY COMPANY, below is the ALINCO SECURITY COMPANY contact.Director:
Mr.Paul Ego (...Paul Ego? Seriously?) Mobile: +234-80-23-6318-97 Email: (alinco2_2@yahoo.fr) I have paid
the delivery charges and insurance fee to the ALINCO SECURITY COMPANY. The
only Money that the ALINCO SECURITY COMPANY will require from you is $85 (...wait...I thought it was going to cost me $1500, now it's only $85? Make up your mind, dammit.) Dollars for demur-rage,

if you can pay the $85 Dollars to them, they will proceed and get the
US$5,000,000.00 to you in your Country.Please if you want to contact the
ALINCO SECURITY COMPANY, you are to contact them with your portfolio code
number which is (PPL111RSS) and your address where you want them to deliver
the cash to.You are to pay the $85 to the ALINCO SECURITY COMPANY to enable
them to proceed and get the cash to you, don't fail to resend your information
to them for your own good.Regards,Miss. Stella Rose

Ah, yes. You have funds for me...that I have to pay you to get. Suuuuure you do. And names like Stella Rose and Paul Ego? Those don't even sound remotely legit. An award is just that - you should never have to pay for it. Random emails promising millions of dollars are NEVER legit! I received this one three times within a week, too.

If this post helped you or prevented a scammer from gaining another victim, let me know!  I'd love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments require moderator approval before they are published.