Monday, August 8, 2011

Confirm Bank Transfer...

BlueDragonfly's comments are always in purple italics...From: Harold Matthews - info@mail.com
Reply-to: efax50500@yahoo.com.hk
Subject: Confirm Bank Transfer

Hello,

I am Mr.Harold Matthews,an American citizen presently working as a special
agent to Nigerian (Huge red flag if the mismatching email addresses weren't. If it's out of Nigeria, it's most likely a scam!) Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU), a team setup by the
president of Nigeria to monitor all pending internationl (misspellings are a sign, too) funds transfer files and Suspicious (random capitalization is just as bad) transaction reports.

I have an urgent information ("an urgent information?" Pretty good sign that this person isn't well versed in English) which you might find very useful. Following an investigation that was carried out by my office,I have discovered that there are some long overdue payment presently here in Nigeria yet to be claimed. These funds have been processed in your name and should be
released to you as soon as possible in line with our financial instrument. But we are realizing that the earlier documents validating this sum in your name has been re written or altered.

Furthermore, there is a supporting document here from one Mr.Edward Doan who told us that he is your legal representative and that you have given him the right to file for the funds on your behalf.

To enable me confirm the status of the information i have for you, I need you to re confirm the account details below, this is what we have for the funds processed in your name in c/o Edward Doan and the transfer will be effected by Monday 1st August 2011 13:00 Hrs.

Bank Details:
Huntington National Bank
340 S. Main St. Franklin,Ohio 45005
USA
Account Name: Edward A. Doan
Account Number: 02148447293
Routing: 042215060

We want to hear from you before we can append our signature on the transfer and to also know if you authorize the transfer of your funds to the account mentioned above.

When I hear from you, then I can put my investigations together and make conclusions. But from what I have here, it seems as though your financial entitlements in Nigeria is being redirected for personal interest by illegal means and you will aid us by giving me a brief on your dealings when previously trying to process release of your funds. (What? Oh, my...the genius just shines through on this paragraph...)

Kindly get back to me on my e-mail address: efax50500@yahoo.com.hk

And please keep this confidential to enable me work effectively in your favour (translation: don't tell anyone I'm trying to scam you). When I hear from you, I will prove my personality to you so as to satisfy your worries and to be at liberty to furnish me with the required information.

Regards,
Mr.Harold Matthews

(Typical Nigerian scammer trying to make a buck. Don't fall for these things, please! The fact that they emailed an "account number" is another red flag. Who, in their right mind, would email something as sensitive as that?)

If this post helped you or prevented a scammer from gaining another victim, let me know!  I'd love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments require moderator approval before they are published.