Friday, September 16, 2011

Evaluation Officer/Staff Support

BlueDragonfly's comments are always in purple italics...
From: Peter werner Agency - recruitment
@werneragency.com (Hmm...most people capitalize their own name...)
Reply-to: peter.werner586@gmail.com (A completely different address...odd...)
Subject: Evaluation Officer/Staff Support
NOTE: Please if you are receiving this email for the second time, reply again

Position Title: Evaluation officer /Staff Support
Hours per week: up to 20- 32
Pay Category: Paid

Company Information:

Peter werner Agency,is a full service production and management firm committed to the implementation of technicaland creative improvement in various companies. The services we provide include: evaluation and continuous improvement exercises about our client ( corporate organization) (First clue this isn't legit? The horrendous grammar used by the scammer.)

Job Responsibilities:

There have been reports about lapses in the services of the Management and some of their staffs,the complaints were based on reports which their customers forwarded anonymous Phone calls which were also made to the head office.The Western union locations were reported for evaluation because of Negligence and other reasons. (Staffs? Phone is capitalized? Negligence is capitalized? Loads of improper grammar? Red flags a-plenty here.)

PAYMENT TERMS:
****************************
Your payment would be $250.00 per duty. Also the company is in charge of providing you with all expense money for the shopping and other expenses involved during the course of your assignment.

All the tools you will need would be provided to you with details every week you have an assignment. (Fake mystery shopping scams like this are quite prevalent. You're sent a check, told to deposit it, keep your $250 in this case, and send the balance back via Western Union. Anything - I repeat, anything that asks for money to be returned or money to be sent via Western Union is a scam!)

JOB DESCRIPTION:
****************************
1} When an assignment is given to you, you would be provided details to execute the assignment and in a timely fashion.

2} You would be asked to visit a company or store in your area and they are mostly our competitors as a secret shopper and shop with them to know more about their sales and stock , cost sales and more details as provided by the company then report back to us with report. But anything you buy at the shop belongs to you. All we want is an effective/quick job and reports. (Report back with a report? Still more grammar fails?)

ASSIGNMENT PACKET:
****************************
Before any assignment we would provide you with the resources needed {cash} Mostly our company would send you a check which you can cash and use for the assignment.Then we would be providing you details on here. But you follow all information given to you as a secret shopper. (And here's the scammy part. We'll send you money, you keep your part and send us the rest...the checks sent out are actually fake - you end up sending them money, then being held responsible by the bank for a fraudulent check! Please beware this type of scam!)

You can earn more which involves nothing more than shopping at a number of selected retailers and assessing their customer service and reporting back. The company will like to have your direct contact phone number to enable fast contact/communication.

You are requested to confirm the following Information. (Ok, so I need to confirm it...which means you already have it...but you're asking for it...um...what the....? I'm thinking that if you want to hire me, you should already know who I am, and you wouldn't need this...)

REQUESTED INFORMATION
******************************
**
First Name:
Middle Name:
Last Name:
Address (P.O Box not accepted):
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Telephone:
Fax:
Age: (Side note here - it is illegal for ANY employer to ask your age. Period. This line alone is a dead give-away.)
Current Occupation:
********************************

I will keep you POSTED and i will want you to ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT of any message(s) received by you. (Why is this person screaming the words POSTED and ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT at me? Geez.)

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation in order to start work soon . (Since when is cooperation hyphenated, and why is there a space between soon and the period? Grammar fail after fail after fail!)

Peter werner Agency (Again...a company that doesn't capitalize its name?)

(Never ever accept payment with the condition of returning part of the monies to the employer! I may have a little fun with this one, and respond...I'd love to know why they're asking for my age, when it's illegal to do so. Updates to come, if anything amusing occurs. *evil grin*)

If this post helped you or prevented a scammer from gaining another victim, let me know!  I'd love to hear your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Ok so I did except this offer and put the money in the bank on a thursday, can I tell my bank to put a stop on it and let them know I may have been scammed? I have not used any of the funds at all. And also what should I tell that company? Should I say I can not do this job and the funds will not be cashed? omg I sure should of looked this up first.
    I was despret and on hard times at the moment and think that my brain was not working right at that moment.
    Thanks H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, H - thanks for your comment. The first thing to do is contact your bank, and tell them you think you've been scammed. Do *NOT* use any of the funds. If you have a good relationship with your bank, they may waive the NSF fee that is usually charged when you deposit a check that bounces. The second step is to file a complaint with all applicable agencies. I am guessing you're in the US - if that's the case, go to http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre40.shtm and at the bottom of the page, you'll find a list of agencies to report the fraud to. Hopefully, if you take these steps, the only cost to you will be the NSF fee from your bank if they won't waive it. As far as responding to the scammers, I would suggest that you simply ignore any further emails from them. And remember - there's no such thing as a free lunch. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Good luck, and let me know how it all works out for you! ~BlueDragonfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I will be contacting my bank frist thing Monday morning!! I pray they will waive the fee and if not then I for sure learned my lesson. Thanks again I will let ya know how it goes.
    H :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I tried to stop the check from even going into my bank acct but it was too late, the check is still on hold and they said they can take up to a week or so to clear it. I pray that it does not clear!!! But if it does do you have any advice on what to do next?
    Thanks,
    H

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as the check, hold tight and wait to see what happens at the bank. I can almost guarantee that the check will come back as bad. Has the sender tried to contact you or asked you to send them some of the money from the check? That's generally how this particular scam goes.
    ~BlueDragonfly

    ReplyDelete
  6. He wrote me earlier today and said "
    Let me know as know as soon as the money is available in your account
    and i want you to proceed to carry out your evaluation and get back to
    me with the evaluation result.

    Peter Werner Agency"
    I have not replied at all.
    My bank also told me to call their law dept when it comes back as fraud and she also said that if I get the charge for bounce check fee I can try and ask if they will waive it for me. I pray.
    I will keep you posted thanks for all your replys.
    H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments require moderator approval before they are published.